Canada Border

Canada border documents requirement are, if you are a U.S. citizen: a proof of citizenship such as a passport, birth certificate, a certificate of citizenship or naturalization, a U.S. Permanent Resident Card, or a Certificate of Indian Status along with photo identification.

For all modes of entry, we recommend you carry a valid passport for all travel abroad, including visits to Canada from the United States. A passport may be required by your airline or alternative transportation authority, as it is the only universally-accepted identification document.

Citizens and permanent residents of the United States who are members of the NEXUS or FAST programs may present their membership cards to the CBSA as proof of identity and as documents that denote citizenship, when arriving by land or marine modes only.

Here are few links to more information for a few questions you might have:



Commercial Activity Canada Border requirements

Programs, services and information for businesses or persons with commercial interests:  Highlights


Source: Government of Canada